UGC NET Syllabus Paper 1 2020
The Paper 1 of UGC NET exam will comprise of 50 questions. One hour will be provided to attempt this section. The syllabus of this paper includes 10 different sections. The weightage of each section is the same, i.e. 5 Questions (5*2=10 marks) from each section (as per the previous trend).
We will now have a look at the sections asked in the Paper-I test of UGC NET as well as the topics asked under them.
- Objectives and Basic requirements
- Factors affecting teaching
- Learner’s characteristics
- Methods of Teaching
- Teaching Aids
- Evaluation systems.
- Types and Characteristics
- Steps of Research
- Methods of Research
- Research Ethics
- Paper, Article
- Conference & Seminar
- Workshop and Symposium
- Thesis writing: Its characteristics and format.
- A passage will be set with questions to be answered from within the passage.
- Communication Nature
- Effective classroom communication.
Reasoning (Including Mathematical)
- Letter series
- Number series
- Set Theory etc.
- Understanding the structure of arguments
- Evaluating and distinguishing inductive and deductive reasoning
- Verbal analogies – Applied analogy
- Word analogy
- Verbal classification
- Reasoning Logical Diagrams – Simple diagrammatic relationship
- Multi-diagrammatic relationship
- Venn diagram
- Analytical Reasoning.
- Sources, Acquisition and interpretation of data
- Qualitative and quantitative data
- Graphical representation
- Mapping of data.
Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- ICT Meaning
- Advantages & Disadvantages
- General abbreviations and Terminology
- Basics of internet and e-mailing.
People and Environment
- People and environment interaction
- Sources of pollution
- Pollutants and their impact on human life
- Natural hazards and mitigation
- The exploitation of natural and Energy resources.
Higher Education System: Governance, Policy, And Administration
- Structure of the institutions for higher learning and research in India
- Formal and Distance education
- Technical/professional and General Education
- Value education – Polity, Governance and Administration.
UGC NET Syllabus Paper 2 2020
Paper 2 of UGC NET exam will be based on the subject selected by the candidate. The candidate can choose any one of the 81 subjects. This paper will comprise 100 questions of 2 marks each. All questions will be compulsory. The paper would cover the entire syllabus (including all electives, without any options). The syllabus of all the NET subjects can be downloaded from the official UGC website.
We have shared the detailed syllabus of the UGC NET Paper-II exam for some of the subjects below. The subjects with their respective codes and syllabus link are provided below:
Note: Subjects are 84, but the code is from 1-100 (a few codes are deleted, as per official notification)