The APSC CDPO syllabus and exam pattern need to be thoroughly cleared to pass the exam. There are a few things that one must keep in mind before you start preparing for the examination
- In order to appear for the exam, the candidate needs to compulsorily be a permanent resident of Assam and fulfil certain other criteria to be eligible for selection. The APSC has also been conducting the APSC CDPO examination for quite some time now.
- As mentioned above, there are specific prerequisites that must be fulfilled so that the candidate can appear for the said examination, and once they’ve cleared it, the next logical step is to read in detail about the APSC CDPO exam syllabus and exam pattern.
- This will help the candidate understand the CDPO APSC syllabus better, which in turn, helps them score good marks in the eventual exam.
- Candidates can download the syllabus-related information from APSC’s website, where the Commission regularly provides updates regarding vacancies for all new job roles in the APSC.
- They can also go through the APSC CDPO Selection process as well in detail here.
The APSC CDPO Exam Pattern is usually a combination of a written round and an in-person interview. The questions asked in the OMR-based, objective type written test are generally centred around the following topics -
- Current Affairs & Arithmetical Studies
- General Knowledge
- General English and Precis Writing
- Computer Knowledge
- Geographical Studies
Overall, this section is for 200 marks in total, the break up for which is as follows-
- (i) English Precis and Essay Writing: 100 marks
- (ii) General Awareness: 100 marks
Post this, in the second phase, shortlisted candidates are asked to appear for the interview, which is for 37 marks. Alongside this, it also depends upon the various socio-economic criteria that are required to be fulfilled. The candidate can then get appointed as a Child Development Project Officer in Assam.
APSC Child Development Project Officer Syllabus
The authorities conduct the APSC CDPO examination at various exam centres which are spread across the state of Assam, where candidates are required to appear for written and interview rounds and are tested on a plethora of parameters and educational material. Covering almost every possible subject, APSC syllabus for CDPO is quite comprehensive, and a candidate must prepare well enough to score prerequisite marks and get a job with the Commission.
Before delving deeper into the exam pattern, you should first understand the APSC syllabus for CDPO.
- Improving Sentences
- Idioms and Phrases
- Arranging sentences
- Joining sentences
- Active and Passive Voice
- Spotting Errors
- One-word substitution
- Fill in the blanks
- Correcting Errors
- Indian polity
- Space and IT
- Indian History
- Indian Constitution
- National and International Events
- India’s geography
- Indian economy
- Science and Technology
- Microsoft Word and Microsoft OneNote
- Computation Theory
- Compiler Design
- Computer Architecture and Organization
- MS Vision and MS Excel
- Web technologies
- Internet technology
- Microsoft Outlook
- Operating Systems
- Computer Networking
- Data Structures
- Database Management Systems
- Digital Logic