Candidates must fulfill the criteria listed below in order to be considered for the desired position under SSC CGL. We have added the SSC CGL Eligibility and requirements for each post in the tables below, along with a list of some of the most important points in bullet form.
Important Points to Remember About SSC CGL Eligibility
Here are some important information about SSC CGL eligibility:
- For the SSC CGL 2022 exam, there is no minimum percentage requirement; applicants with clear and simple graduation passing certificates are welcome.
- Candidates who are currently enrolled in their last year of college are also eligible for the SSC CGL, provided they submit their passing certificate and mark sheet by the new deadline by the SSC board.
- Additionally, candidates should be informed that a distance education board must recognise a degree achieved through an open university or distance learning (DEB). Institutions recognised by the DEB include the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), the Bharati Vidyapeeth in Pune (also deemed to be a university), the Manipal Academy of Higher Education in Manipal, etc.
- Candidates with Indian citizenship who live outside of India may also apply for the SSC CGL exam.
- The minimum and maximum age limits for General category candidates are 18 years and 32 years, respectively. Candidates from the reserved category are also given an age relaxation; more information is provided in the article that follows.
The SSC CGL qualification based on various posts is given in detail below.
|SSC CGL Posts||SSC CGL Qualification|
|AssistantAudit/AccountsOfficer||Any bachelor’s degree from a recognised university or institute is a required qualification for the SSC CGL. Desirable Capability: Chartered Accountant OR Management Accountant OR Company Secretary OR Master of Business Administration (Finance) OR Master of Business Economics OR Master of Commerce|
|Junior Statistical Officer||Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or institute with at least 60% in mathematics in Class 12 or equivalent is required for the SSC CGL. any Bachelor’s degree with Statistics listed as a degree-level subject|
|Assistant Section Officer (CSS)||Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or institute is a requirement for the SSC CGL. Candidates must also fulfill the criteria of the computer proficiency test (CPT)|
|Compiler||Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university or institute is a requirement for the SSC CGL.|
Extra Qualifications: Candidates should have studied Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or both as a required or optional subject.
|All Other Posts||Any bachelor’s degree from a recognized University or Institute|