SBI PO Preparation is an extremely comprehensive exam that can be difficult to crack. In this article we will discuss tips, books and study material that will benefit candidates looking forward to taking the SBI PO examination.
In this article, we will provide various SBI PO preparation tips and strategies and best books and study materials to crack the SBI PO exam in the first attempt. These resources will also prove beneficial for those candidates who are simultaneously preparing for SBI Clerk and other Bank PO exams.
The SBI PO exam is conducted in 3 Phases:
- Group Discussion & Interview
The SBI PO Prelims exam dates are released in the official notification released by SBI.
Those candidates who qualify the Prelims exam are eligible for the SBI PO Mains exam.
Candidates who clear the SBI PO Prelims exam need to appear in the Mains exam before they make it to the final list of shortlisted candidates.
As a matter of fact, SBI has modeled the SBI PO syllabus as per the latest exam pattern.
Candidates should also note that for any bank exam preparation, understanding the Syllabus and having knowledge of the different subjects/topics is imperative to excel in the test. The different sections of the exam include Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, English, Current Affairs and Banking Awareness.
The most important thing is that candidates should be completely aware of SBI PO Syllabus (Prelims and Mains) and Exam Pattern to crack the exams with flying colors!
You can get the complete SBI PO 2022 Syllabus – Prelims & Mains in the linked article.
Best Tips, Tricks and Strategies for SBI PO Preparation
In this article, we will discuss over the best SBI PO preparation strategy and tips before appearing the SBI PO exam:
- Devise a Custom study plan: Having a study plan in place according to you always plays a fundamental role for your bank exam preparation and keeps you focused on your schedule and your timely preparation.
- Do not keep things for later: SBI PO Exam is a competitive exam and the syllabus is also quite vast, but also very easy if prepared in a timely fashion. Preparing for the SBI PO exam can be a bit hectic for aspirants, considering its competitive nature and difficulty level. Hence, candidates shouldn’t delay their SBI PO preparation until the last minute and start their preparation as early as possible and stick to their study plan.
- Practice and practice: Practicing more and more questions, from each and every topic. The more and more you practice, the easier the topic becomes. Practicing questions helps to boost the confidence and enhances the time management skills of the applicants which in turn gives confidence in the main exam.
- Take Mock Tests Regularly: Banking applicants should frequently take up mock tests to track the status of their preparation instead of blindly following a rigorous bank exam preparation routine regularly. Appearing for mock tests regularly helps the applicants to get a glimpse of the main exam in some comfort. And this habit helps candidates appear for the main exam in ease.
- Explore competitive SBI PO books and study materials: Good preparation is very essential for cracking the exam in the first attempt. However, along with solving online mock tests, candidates must also use the right course, the right study materials and right books for the exam so that they can clear the SBI PO exam easily.
- Solve Previous Years Question Papers: Solving previous years Question papers help candidates understand which topics they are good at and in which topics they are lacking. SOlving Previous years question papers also helps candidates be more aware of the important and common topics and the general exam pattern of the SBI PO exam for themselves.
Click the linked article to read the SBI PO 2022 Exam pattern
It can be a daunting task for a candidate in the first step to choose the right Books or the right study materials for their SBI PO Exam Preparation. Candidates can easily be overwhelmed by the vast no. of books & Study materials available in the market. So we have compiled a few of the best books to get you started for SBI PO Preparation.
Subject-wise Best Books for SBI PO 2022
Go through the list of section-wise SBI PO preparation guides from the sections below:
SBI PO Preparation Books for English Language (Prelims & Mains)
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- Bank PO English Language Chapterwise Solved Papers
- Objective English for Competitive Examination
- Descriptive General English by SP Bakshi and Richa Sharma
- Objective General English by SP Bakshi
SBI PO Preparation Books for Quantitative Aptitude (Prelims)
- Advanced Maths for General Competitions
- Magical Book on Quicker Mathematics by M Tyra
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by RS Agarwal
- Bank PO Quantitative Aptitude Chapterwise Solved Papers
SBI PO Preparation Books for Reasoning Ability (Prelims & Mains)
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S.Agarwal
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal & Non-Verbal by BS Sijwali
- Bank PO Reasoning: Chapterwise Solved Papers 1999 to till Date 7330+ Objective Questions by Kiran
- Bank PO Reasoning Chapterwise Solved Papers by Arihant
SBI PO Preparation Books for General Awareness (Mains)
- Banking Awareness by Arihant
- Lucent General Knowledge
- Banking Awareness by RPH Editorial Board Ramesh Publishing House
- Manorama Year Book
- Banking Awareness for SBI/IBPS Bank Clerk/PO/SO/RRB & RBI exams by Disha Publications
- Newspaper Reading
SBI PO Preparation Books for Computer Awareness (Mains)
- Computer by Rani Ahilya Lucent
- Objective Question Bank of Computer Awareness for General Competitions by Arihant
- Objective Computer Awareness by R Pillai Arihant
- Computer Literacy And Knowledge (Kiran Prakashan)
- Computer Awareness for General Competitive Exams by Soumya Ranjan Behera
SBI PO Preparation Books for Data Analysis & Interpretation (Mains)
- Data Interpretation Decoded by Oliveboard
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning for CAT by TATA McGraw HILL
- Puzzle Mania by Oliveboard
Lastly to conclude, Here are our Top 5 Magical Tips for SBI PO Preparation
Follow the below-mentioned best SBI PO preparation strategy and tips to crack exam at one go:
- Go through the latest SBI PO syllabus & exam pattern
- Devise a personalized study plan
- Practise more questions
- Attempt SBI PO mock test
- Create study notes