Education is an optional subject in the APSC preliminary examination. The examination consists of three parts. The content of all three parts is described in the below-mentioned apsc syllabus of Education.
Education syllabus for APSC Assam Civil Service Preliminary Examination
- Meaning, definition and scope of education
- Aims of education-individual, social, liberal and vocational education in a democracy
- School and community – their relation, functions and responsibilities.
- Curriculum, Definition and types, Defects, principles of curriculum construction. Correlation of studies- Importance of curriculum activities in school.
- Discipline – Definition, Importance of discipline in education, Relation between freedom and discipline, Reward and punishment in school.
- Theories of play – Importance of play in education.
- Educational for national integration and international understanding.
- Psychology – meaning and definition, the importance of educational psychology, scope and methods of educational psychology.
- The physical basis of mental life – reaptors, effectors and central nervous system – sensation, perception and conception.
- Needs, drives and motives.
- Emotions and instincts – their importance in education.
- Habits and their formation.
- Learning – theories and laws of learning, motivation in learning.
- Attention and interest – their importance in education.
- Intelligence – its meaning, nature, Stanford, Bint- Intelligence tests.
- Statistics in Education – Mean, medium and mode calculation of quartile deviation and standard deviation, Calculation of coefficient of correlation by rank difference method.
History of Education
- Charter Act of 1813. Maculay’s minute and Lord Bentinks resolution of 1835.
- Woods Despatch of 1854 – its impact on Indian Education.
- Indian Education Commission of 1882 – Primary and Secondary Education.
- Lord Curzon’s Educational Policy on Secondary and University Education
- Resolution of 1913.
- Hartog Committees report of 1929
- Wardha Scheme of Education 1937.
- Introduction of primary education in Assam – problems in its implementation.
- Adult Education Programme – its meaning and scope. Problem in the implementation of the program and its solutions.
- Educational Policy of 1986.
- A Textbook for Education by Lakhya Hira Das
- Educational Psychology by Sunita Agarwal